We invite candidates to form their own research proposal around any area of Health Economics and Decision Science that they are particularly interested in. The HEDS webpages provide further information on areas of research, as do HEDS staff profiles.
The studentship will cover:
- The standard UK/EU tuition fee for PhD study (International Students welcome to apply if you can demonstrate that you are able to make up the difference in fees)
- Annual tax-free maintenance stipend at the standard UK Research Council rate (currently £14,296 for the 2016/17 academic year)
- Research Training Support Grant of £750 per year for 3 years
- The scholarship will fund up to three years full-time study or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Upper Second Class (2.1) Honours degree (you will need to send a copy of your certificate and transcript)
- Master's degree - good pass/merit (you will need to send a copy of your certificate and transcript)
- Students whose first language is not English must have an IELTS 7.0 (with 6.5 in each component) OR equivalent gained within the past two years.
To apply for the studentship, please send your application to Dr Laura Gibson (email@example.com). Please include the following information in your application:
- Your CV
- Two recent academic references which should be supplied by academic staff at institutions where you studied previously. If you have been out of education for a while then we will accept a reference from your current employer if they are able to comment on your suitability to study for a higher research degree
- A short proposal relevant to research in Health Economics and Decision Science (HEDS). Please see this webpage for ideas: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/sections/heds/teaching/topics
- Two named supervisors : The lead supervisor must be a member of staff in HEDS. If after some attempts to contact supervisors you are not having any luck, please contact Dr Laura Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will attempt to pair you up. Once contact with a supervisor has been made, they will be able to provide assistance in writing the proposal
- Details of your academic qualifications and your English Language proficiency (such a UK A levels, GCSEs, a degree from a UK Higher Education institution, or English language qualifications such as the IELTS exam)