review relevant published evidence and the likely costs of new technologies. They are designed to be fast, flexible and responsive to the need for information on innovative technologies. MIBs are commissioned by NHS England.
In the first quarter of 2016, the following briefings have been published.
- EarlySense for heart and respiratory monitoring and predicting patient deterioration
- BladderScan BVI 9400 3D portable ultrasound scanner for measuring bladder volume
- MiniMed 640G system with SmartGuard for managing blood glucose levels in people with type 1 diabetes
- Xpert Carba-R to identify people carrying carbapenemase producing organisms
- Aquilion PRIME CT scanner for imaging coronary artery disease in adults in whom imaging is difficult
- Somatom Definition Edge CT scanner for imaging coronary artery disease in adults in whom imaging is difficult
- ClearWay RX for drug delivery to coronary artery thrombotic lesions
- Icare rebound tonometer to measure intraocular pressure
- Mersey Burns for calculating fluid resuscitation volume when managing burns
- Otovent nasal balloon for otitis media with effusion
- TactiCath Quartz catheter for percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in atrial fibrillation
- ThermoCool SmartTouch catheter for percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in atrial fibrillation
- TheraSphere for treating operable and inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma
- SIR-Spheres for treating inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma