|Image by Philip Taylor via Flickr CC BY 2.0|
- improve patient access to the most clinically effective drugs available through the fund;
- encourage pricing that delivers value for money for patients and the public; and
- put the fund on a much firmer footing for the future, as it faces increasing demand and growing financial pressure.
The consultation will close at midnight on Friday 31 October.
Here is one possible response. "The continuation of the CDF, would:
- reduce access to clinically effective drugs for patients with diseases other than cancer;
- have absolutely no effect on pharmaceutical pricing; and
- put the NHS in a worse financial position and result in a net reduction in health outcomes.