The course introduces you to Health Technology Assessment (HTA) as a concept (what it is, what it involves) and then takes you through the key stages in the HTA and decision-making process:
- Identifying technologies for development;
- Evaluating these technologies in trials and measuring key outcomes, such as Quality of Life (health economics)
- Appraising and pooling the evidence from these trials to determine the effect of a technology (clinical effectiveness review)
- Assessing the cost-effectiveness of those technologies (decision-analytic modelling)
- Considering how the results from this HTA process are used to inform reimbursement and pricing decisions in different countries
Interested? Register here.
Photo credit: mer chau via Flickr Creative Commons